- The information you provide to us at CMS Tree Services is used solely for the purpose of quotes, invoices and to carry out works for you.
- All invoices and quotes are sent via email and a securely stored copy retained by ourselves for 5 years.
- We work closely with our website and email provider Craven Digital Limited which is our main data processor.
- Information is not used for marketing purposes and is not passed to any third parties.
- If for any reason you would prefer data not to be retained, please contact us directly so we can sort this for you.
Using privacy and data protection
I have contact details for all my clients and also process data on my clients behalf. In situations where I process the personal data of your clients on your behalf, I have a responsibility to comply with the obligations placed on Data Processors by the regulation. This is my personal commitment to data privacy.
This is a responsibility I take very seriously. I believe:
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- I have a duty of care to the clients whose data I hold
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- I hate getting spam as much as you do!
- I will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
This website and my business systems are maintained to comply with the following data protection and user privacy regulations:
UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
By sticking to these guidelines it is likely that my website and business systems will be compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set by many other countries and territories as well. If you have any queries please contact me directly via the contact page on my website
Personal information collected by this site and why it is collected
I may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to the work carried out for customers, or quotes provided for prospective customers.
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- I may use the information to improve my products and services.
- To contact you about work you have asked me to quote for.
Should you choose to contact me using the forms on this website, the data that you supply will be stored on a dedicated web server managed by my website and email hosts, Craven Digital Limited.
Personal data storage and processing
These are held locally on my personal computer and are password protected.
If at any time a client requires removal of these details from my computer system, I will delete them immediately and will supply whatever proof required by the client, of their deletion.
Data safety breaches
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I hold.
I will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Who we have worked with
We work at all scales: small and large domestic gardens, commercial, industrial and civil clients, plus rural and estates. We work closely with arboricultural consultants and councils.
With our equipment and expertise, we are also regularly called upon to carry out work for other tree surgery companies
We are on various local authorities' contractors lists, including Pendle, Ribble Valley and Lancashire County Council